Thursday, November 18, 2010

German in the Spring

Beginning German is continuing in the spring with Mrs. Rolling via Homeschool Connections. For those of you adding Part II to Part I, you know quite well what to expect. This is a fast-paced course on the German language that integrates the memorization of Catholic prayers and children's poetry. There is a composition each week as well as translations of online mini-books and children's stories. Each week we also enjoy listening to various children's songs thanks to YouTube videos. During the winter break, students will be translating the nativity story and learning German Christmas songs so as not to forget German in the long month off.

This is a fun course, but it is challenging! There are many grammar exercises to complete each week and much for the student to learn on his own time without the instructor. Come prepared to work and even laugh as we make mistakes together.

2 comments:

  1. I won't sign up for the course, but I just wanted to let you know that I haven't forgotten you. I'll write to you via e-mail soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alecia, I've been looking for half an hour now for your email address, but I can't find it anymore. Could you give it to me again? Sorry for the inconvenience.

    ReplyDelete